If you come with the car, train, bus, (motor)bicycle or walking to ...
Are you located in the centre of Bruges?
- Yes we are located in a quiet part of the old city just minutes walk from the Market Square
How long should I stay?
- 3-4 nights so you enjoy the local restaurants, all sights and some museums and art galleries
- Longer if you use Bruges as a base to visit Gent, Antwerpen or Brussels. We are also a good hub to go cycling (coast, forests, canals, small villages, …)
How do I get around?
- Walking! In 30 min you walk from North till South
- We rent bicycles in season to discover the Bruges and the surrounding country- and seaside
Do you have a bar or restaurant?
- Your room is very spacious, and has a leather saloon to enjoy a drink from the room mini bar.
- Breakfast is served every day in your room
- We have also a cosy lounge in the hotel next-door where you can have a drink (8am-9pm)
- Tom’s Diner, Cezar, Pigeon House, Spinola, Pieter Pourbus are fine restaurants just a few minutes walk from the B&B. It’s essential to book for weekends and holidays.
- Vlissinghe, Terrastje or Reisduif are local pubs in 2 minutes walk.
Do you have wifi ?
- Yes, we have free wifi in all rooms and common areas.
Is there free coffee and tea in the room?
- Yes there is, as well as a fridge, microwave and kitchen tools such as mugs, plates and toaster in the cupboard
Check in / out and left luggage?
- Check in : from 2:30pm till 7pm. Please contact us 48h prior to arrival with your arrival time.
- Check out : before 11am. We have a free left luggage service.
Are families with children welcome?
- We are an adult only B&B.
Do you take dogs?
- Very sorry but we don't accept any pets small or big. A dog hotel can be arranged just outside the city.
Is there a lift/elevator?
- The B&B has 2 floors and stairs to bring you to your room. On each floor is a different suite. Our Marie-Roose Suite is on the ground floor for your convenience or the Hotel rooms have an elevator. (no wheelchair access)
What is an ECO B&B?
- We are just like any other B&B with comfy rooms, plenty of hot water and a good heating system. The only difference is that we use water, energy and waste reduction methods that offer you the same standard but let you use less without giving up on comfort. We follow the standards set by the Green Key.
Can we enter the city by car?
- Yes! You can drive your car just until our front door. Be aware that you need to pay for parking on the street (7/7 and 9am-8pm) We do have private and secured parking but only a limited amount of spaces. Booking ahead is essential.
- Alternatively there is a public parking at the train station from where you can take the bus or taxi to the hotel.
How to get here ?
ROUTE by car : (by train see below)
follow : E40 CALAIS-VEURNE-GENT or E19 ANTWERPEN - GENT and/or E40 GENT - OOSTENDE or A1 PARIS -LILLE exit A27-E42 (dir. Brussels), exit A17-E403 KORTRIJK – BRUGGE
Exit 8 (on E40) Brugge (not from Paris/Lille, you just continue). Towards Brugge pass 5 tunnels. After the last tunnel and the railwaybridge take the exit N351 - Brugge Az St Jan .
Continue for Brugge. At the 2ND crossroads you TURN LEFT direction north (Guldenvlieslaan). (don't go into the tunnel!)
Pass 3 traffic lights. After the 3rd lights you follow the BUS lane. After, 600 m you turn right and immediately right again into ’Walweinstraat’. Go straight ahead until the canal. Turn right. And take the 2nd street on your right (Annuntiatenstraat). Take 2nd on your left, Baliestraat. (you will see the sign for the hotel). Straight ahead and left around the St. Gillischurch. We are on the left handside.
The entire city centre has become a paying parking zone. Parking is possible for max. 4 hours from Monday to Sunday between 9 and 20h. For your comfort we can offer a few private parking garages from 2 nights onwards. If you would like to make use of this advantage, please let us know in advance.
ROUTE by train
*Train station: BRUGGE (on the line to Oostende or Knokke/Blankenberge). To plan your train travel to Bruges, please check www.belgianrail.be
*From Brussels Airport: direct train Mo-Fri. On the weekend take the train to Brussel Noord and than any train to Oostende or Knokke/Blankenberge. 90 min
*From Brussels South Charleroi Airport: with bus and train : the airport is only 20 minutes from Charleroi Sud station. Once there, it is possible to take a direct bus (line A) to the airport. A "combined" train + bus ticket is available on the SNCB website. Visit the SNCB website, as well as the TEC website to find out about rates and schedules. Another solution is by Bus (see Route by coach)
Please note Belgian rail has a rail pass for 10 rides. Seniors 65+ travel at a bargain (special conditions apply)
From Brugge train station you take BUS 4 or bus 14 until the 3rd stop after the old Market Square, named 'Gouden Handstraat'(once you drive with the canal on you right ring the bell as soon as it has passed the curve to the left. The stop is just passed the next bridge. Continue walking along the canal and take 1st street on your left 'St Gilliskoorstraat'. At St Gillis church go right. The hotel is on your left. It takes 10-15min in total to get to the hotel. Bying a bus ticket has changed in 2020.. Text message, via App (de Lijn), ticket at the counter upon arrival in the station).
ROUTE by coach:
*You can travel from different European cities on a budget with Eurolines or Flixbus towards Bruges Station
*From Brussels South Charleroi Airport : www.flibco.com 2 hour journey with direct bus towards Bruges station or bus to Brussels South train station and then connection with train to Bruges (See Route by train)
A TAXI costs between 10 and 15 euros. It takes 10-15min to get to the hotel. In case there are no taxis at the station you can call 'Taxi Snel' 050 363 649
Airport Shuttle : If you like to travel hassle free why not using Taxi GB service (e.g. 100 euro for 4 persons from/to Brussels Airport). Also from/to Lille, Paris, Amsterdam, … +32 (0) 498 106 106 or firstname.lastname@example.org